Win a Trip to Sydney with My Cinema & ANTLive Terms and Conditions of Participation
1. This promotion – “Win a Trip for 2 to Sydney to Experience a Night at The Theatre with My Cinema & ANTLive” (“Promotion”) is conducted by Independent Cinemas Australia Inc of P.O. Box 20, Eastwood, NSW 2122, ABN 14546264865 (“Promoter”) trading as My Cinema. SA Permit No. T18/1285; NSW Permit No. LTPS /18/26395; ACT Permit No. TP 18/01397
2. Information on how to enter the Promotion and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Entry into this Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. Entry is open to members of the public who are residents of Australia and who purchase a ticket to see “ANTLive: THE DAPTO CHASER from 1 September 2018, and/or Sydney Theatre Company WHARF REVUE in September or October 2018 and/or AWAY from 15 November 2018” at participating independent cinema locations listed on the website www.mycinema.com.au, complete the Online Entry Form and submit between the opening and closing dates of the Promotion. Entry is not open to employees (and the immediate family of such employees) of the Promoter, or the Sponsor of participating independent cinemas and the affiliates of all such parties. An immediate family member means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child, parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
5. Entries not completed correctly will not be eligible to enter the Promotion.
6. To be eligible, all entries must be lodged by 6pm on Friday 30 November 2018. Multiple entries permitted subject to the following:
a) limit one (1) entry permitted per Qualifying Purchase (e.g. if four (4) Participating Tickets are purchased in a single transaction, an entrant may submit four (4) separate entries for that transaction);
b) maximum of four (4) entries permitted per day;
c) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with the entry requirements
7. To be eligible, parent or guardian details and consent must be given on any Entry Form submitted by a person under 18 years old and that parent or guardian must be able to accept the prize on behalf of the under-age person.
8. Directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Sponsor, participating cinemas, and companies associated with this Promotion including prize suppliers are ineligible to enter the Promotion.
9. The Promotion commences at 12:01am AEST on Friday 31 August 2018 and final entries close at 6pm AEDT on Friday 30 November 2018 (the “Promotional Period”). To be a valid entry, all the necessary information must be included with an entry and the entry must be received by the Promoter during the applicable Promotional Period explained above. ‘ANTLive: THE DAPTO CHASER, Sydney Theatre Company WHARF REVUE or AWAY’ may not be showing at every participating cinema during the entire Promotional Period.
10. One Minor Prize will be drawn for each participating cinema by the Promoter using a random number generator (see www.mycinema.com.au for participating cinemas and addresses) on Monday 3 December 2018. The Minor Prize winners will also have the chance to win the major prize.
11. The Major Prize draw will take place at the registered office of the Promoter on Wednesday 5 December 2018 at midday and the winners name and the name of their participating cinema will be announced in writing on
the website www.mycinema.com.au on that date and the Promoter will telephone the winner at the contact number and advise the winner in writing on the My Cinema website and at the winner’s email address provided on the winning Entry Form. The name of the winner will remain on the website www.mycinema.com.au for as long as is required by law in each state that the promotion is conducted.
12. The Promotion prizes consist of one national Major Prize valued at approx (pending time of booking) $4,600 including GST to be drawn at the registered office of the Promoter in Sydney and 23 Minor Prizes each valued at $35 (total value $805) to be drawn for each of the participating cinema locations throughout Australia.
ANTLIVE minor prize STC WHARF REVUE Blu-ray and STC WHARF REVUE cinema poster
13. The Major Prize for two [persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by parent/guardian] valued at approximately AUD$4,600 including GST comprises the following, note further individual supplier terms and conditions may apply.
a. Return economy direct flights to Sydney
b. Return airport/hotel transfers and Sydney ground transport [to maximum value of $300]
c. 2 nights twin shared four-star hotel accommodation including breakfast in central Sydney
d. 2 tickets to a STC play of your choice in the 2019 Season [subject to availability]
e. Dinner for two to the value of $350
i. Terms and Conditions of Major Prize:
I. The prize sponsor is AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL THEATRE LIVE PTY LTD (ABN 83 169 218 491) of No 3, 600 Darling Street, Rozelle NSW 2039, Australia (“Sponsor”)
II. The Major Prize must be taken by 16 December 2019 and booking must be confirmed within two months of winner notification. Not to be taken over Australian Public or National holidays
III. The Major Prize must be booked by 30 January 2019 unless won in the unclaimed prize draw.
IV. Unless expressly stated all other costs and expenses associated with taking the Major Prize are not included and become the responsibility of the Major Prize Winner, and their travel partner, including:
V. additional taxes;
VI. transfers (not specified);
VII. travel insurance;
VIII. meals (not specified);
IX. any extra sightseeing or activities;
X. any additional accommodation;
XI. personal spending money; and
XII. all other incidental and ancillary costs, incurred by the Major Prize Winner, and/or their travel partner, as a direct or indirect result of taking the Major Prize that are not otherwise stated as included in the Major Prize.
XIII. The Major Prize is subject to availability at time of booking. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. There is no cash alternative. Not to be taken over Australian Public or National holidays
XIV. The Major Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the Major Prize Winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not transferable to another person (unless agreed by the Promoter) or exchangeable for other goods and services and cannot be redeemed as cash. Any element of the Major Prize that is unused will be forfeited and no compensation will be paid in lieu of that element of the Major Prize.
XV. The itinerary is to be determined by the Sponsor in agreement with the Major Prize Winner subject to availability at the Hotel but if agreement cannot be reached, the Sponsor reserves the right to determine the itinerary.
XVI. A credit card imprint or cash deposit is required from the Major Prize Winner, and/or travel partner, at check-in to hotels for all incidental charges.
XVII. It is the Major Prize Winner’s, and their travel partner’s, personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid identification. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Major Prize Winner, and their travel partner.
XVIII. The Major Prize Winner and their travel partner and children must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together.
XIX. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the Major Prize.
XX. Flight schedules and accommodation arrangements are subject to change without notice. Flights are economy class. The airline’s Conditions of Carriage apply to all flights. The Winner and travelling companions must travel at the same time and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest Capital City Airport in Australia. These conditions apply for all flights.
XXI. Airline, flight route and dates of travel are subject to the promoter’s absolute and final decision.
XXII. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety conditions or any other conditions that may exist at any destination.
XXIII. As a condition of accepting the Major Prize, Major Prize Winner, and their travel partner, must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter, Sponsor or organisers.
j. Winner must be 18 years and over or have the consent of their parent or guardian to enter this Promotion and be accompanied by an adult when travelling.
14. The Minor Prizes comprise 23 STC WHARF REVUE Blu-ray and STC WHARF REVUE poster valued at AUD$35 RRP including GST.
15. One entry will be drawn by the promoter at each participating cinema to win a Minor Prize. The Minor Prize winners will be notified in writing by email within three days of being determined.
16. All entries including Minor Prize winners will go in the draw for the Major Prize.
17. The Major Prize will be drawn by random number generator in the presence of an independent person and the draw will take place at the registered office of the Promoter, 310 Rowe Street, Eastwood NSW 2122, at midday on Wednesday 5 November 2018. The winners name and the name of their participating cinema will be announced in writing on the website www.mycinema.com.au on that date and the Promoter will telephone the winner at the contact number and advise the winner in writing at the email address provided on the winning Entry Form.
18. The Minor Prizes and Major Prize will only go to a valid Entry Form and provided Proof of Purchase ‘A cinema ticket or photo of cinema ticket for ANTLive: THE DAPTO CHASER, Sydney Theatre Company WHARF REVUE or AWAY at a participating cinema in the promotional period. The Promoter’s decision is final and not subject to further correspondence.
19. All prizes are to be taken as offered, are non-refundable, non-transferable (i.e. no name changes allowed) and cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash. Once tickets are issued, they are non-endorsable and non-transferable. Any alterations to confirmed flights and/or accommodation and/or scheduling arrangements will be at the expense of the winner and their travelling companions. All components of the Prize must be fulfilled at the same time and they cannot be split across different time periods.
20. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute that prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. Neither the Promoter nor the Sponsor accepts any other liability or responsibility for any loss.
21. It is possible that tax implications may arise for prize winners from the prizes in this Promotion. Each prize winner is advised to seek independent financial advice before accepting their prize. The airline tickets and components of the Major Prize are subject to the terms and conditions included on those tickets and passes and once provided to the prize winner they are solely responsible to abide by those terms and conditions and to look after the tickets and passes which will not be replaced if lost, damaged or stolen.
22. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights under these terms and conditions or under law at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
23. All entries become the property of the Promoter and the Promoter is not responsible if any entries are not received by the Promoter for any reason. Entries will be deemed invalid if incomplete or forged in any way.
24. If any of the prize winners cannot be contacted or do not claim the prizes by 10.00pm (AEDT) on Wednesday 30 January 2019, the Promoter reserves the right to conduct such further draws at the head office of the Promoter as may be deemed necessary to distribute the prizes and avoid the relevant date passing. If required, a redraw of the Major Prize and any unclaimed Minor Prizes will take place at 12.00pm (AEDT) on Wednesday 30 January 2019, the winner/s name will be published in writing online at www.mycinema.com.au on the same day and the Promoter will contact the winner in writing at the details provided on the Entry Form. The name of the winner/s will remain on the website www.mycinema.com.au for as long as is required by law in each state that the promotion is conducted.
25. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Promotion is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Promotion, subject to the approval of the authorities that have issued permits for its conduct.
26. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication including any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, or otherwise, (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Promotion; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Promotion (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise).
27. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the Competition and Consumer Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, each of the Promoter and the Sponsor (including each respective officer, employee and agent) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
28. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for, and the entrant releases the Promoter from responsibility for, any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, claim, damage or injury to person or property (including computer systems and servers) as a result of the entrant’s participation in this promotion or the conduct of the promotion generally or as a direct or indirect result of an entrant’s error, any technical problem of any kind including communications or network failure, unauthorised access to, transferring or theft of data, whether caused by the entrant or associated with the equipment or programming used in the conduct of this
promotion. If, because of any such problem, this promotion is not able to be conducted as planned and/or the promotion’s administration, security, fairness or integrity are compromised or affected, the Promoter may (where necessary with the approval of the relevant Department) cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or disqualify any entrant involved in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this promotion in any way.
29. Details from all entries will be collected and used for the purposes of conducting this promotion (which may include disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the promotion) and for publicity purposes surrounding this promotion. By entering this promotion entrants consent to the use of their information as described.